Tuesday, 22 February 2011

Flat shoes favourites

I read recently that SS11 is the season of the flat shoe. I think every season can be the season of the flat shoe if it’s what you prefer and feel most comfortable in! But hopefully this pronouncement from on fashion high will mean there’s more choice on the high street.

I love high heels but over the years the number I’ve bought compared to flats has started to nose dive. I think it’s different if you travel around a lot in a car or can have nights out where you don’t have to walk too much. But I walk a huge amount and have stumbled, twisted ankles, destroyed the balls of my feet...and even at one point fallen out of a pair of platforms...too many times and have gradually eased myself into a more comfortable...and safer...way of life!

But comfort shouldn’t mean frumpy...and as we start to move out of the depths of winter and shed the big winter boots, I’ve been looking at what’s available on the high street. My favourites – and the shoes that got me started on tonight’s blog – are the F Troupe patent ballet flats but I’m not quite enough in love with them to fork out £68. They’re in the sale, so I’m holding out for another reduction. 

Clockwise from top left:

F Troupe patent star ballet flat shoe - £68 (down from £85)
Aldo patent brogues – £13.99 (down from £45)
Irregular Choice Duke the 2nd floral flats - £49.99 
Kate Kanzier Izzie brogue - £25 (I'm always a fan of orange detailing on accessories!)
Melissa royal 11 latte shoes - £65
Deena & Ozzy Perspex lace-up brogues - £40 (from Urban Outfitters)
Zara ballet shoe with shiny toe - £59.99 
Zara coltskin ballerina - £49.99
Topshop kerb cutout t-bar shoes
- £55 

Kate Kuba snowdonia ankle boot - £69 (down from £141.96)
Kate Kanzier Thora flat shoe - £8 (down from £25)
East roma crochet shoes - £28

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...