Tuesday 26 February 2013

Fashion weekend fashion excitement

Last Friday my sister and I hit London Fashion Weekend amid much excitement...and fashion challenges posed by freezing weather conditions. It's been two and a half years since we last went. A lot has happened in that time - not least the creation of two new human beings (in the form of our little ones!). So I think we had even more of a skip in our step as we entered the Somerset House courtyard. Fashion, shopping, bubbly...and our other halves on toddler duty...whoo hoo.

If you haven't been before and you enjoy shopping, this is the event for you. There are lots of great discounts, lots of interesting designers and all in a lovely setting. We also saw the season's trends catwalk show for SS/13, which is great fun. It was styled by ex-fashion editor of the Telegraph and fashion icon Hilary Alexander (who we stood next to in the toilets afterwards, washing our hands together. I wanted to say how much I loved her but it didn't quite seem the setting for it!).

Anyway, I'll blog again about my purchases. I had birthday money to spend, so treated myself to a few bits and pieces...including jeans, hurrah.

But I wanted to blog two outfit shots of what we finally decided to wear. My sister had, at one stage, considered just wearing a chiffon top and coat...until the zero degree temperatures slapped some sense into her!



She worked the monochrome trend, with this top from M&S Limited Collection (and Uniqlo heattech underneath!). Her bracelet is a Katie bracelet from Marc by Marc Jacobs and necklace is from Lulu Guinness.

I eventually plumped for this outfit after a lot of trying on...including inadvertently coming full circle and trying on the same outfit I'd worn two and half years ago. Only checking this blog saved me from a new fashion low.



The dress is from the Mary Portas range at House of Fraser, the belt is from a charity shop, I'm also wearing a Lulu Guinness necklace and carrying my fabulous Vivienne Westwood Bambi bag. She deserved a day out!

We both accessorised with some bubbly!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...