Tuesday 7 May 2013

& Other Stories


I’ve spotted a few things in magazines recently from a new brand called & Other Stories. Lovely little leather bags in bright colours. Tops in soft, draped fabrics. Dresses with interesting detailing. And then I walked past the new shop on Regent Street and knew I had to investigate!

I’ve not had time to go into the shop yet – I was power walking to the tube station on the nursery run – so had a look online instead.

& Other Stories is a new brand from H&M – it’s a bit more grown-up and design-led than H&M, but a bit more fashiony than the higher-end COS line (which I love!).

I read some of the background to the brand and I’m not sure I totally get it. I think the idea is that they’re telling fashion stories – selling total looks, so you can get the whole get-up in one place. I think most savvy high street stores do this already. I also don’t know many people who do buy complete looks in one place. Most of my friends like the individuality of not wearing an entire outfit from one shop. But then I guess perhaps the idea is just to offer inspiration and to show you how you can put looks together.

Anyway, regardless of the brand spiel, it does actually stock some lovely stuff. I’m not sure whether it’s like H&M and has only a fraction of its stock online...I'll have to go into the shop and report back. But these are some of the lovely bits and pieces that caught my eye online...


Silk top with raw edges - £39

Leather patch sweater - £55

Cape dress - £65

Gathered dress - £45

Leather & brass bangle - £25

D-frame sunglasses - £39

Mini leather bag - £65

Leather flats - £55

Leather sandals - £65

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...