Friday 1 July 2011

Styling Cath Kidson Floral

A couple of months ago, I blogged about a lovely new pair of summer shoes which Mr W had bought for me. Star print espadrilles from Cath Kidson which have enough height that I feel like I’m at least giving an attempt at wearing heels, amazingly well-made, comfortable and very cute too!

I spotted at the time that they also made the same espadrilles in a classic Cath Kidson floral print...and vowed that if they went into the sale I’d give some serious thought to buying them. They are in the sale Edna readers!


Cath Kidson folk ditsy espadrilles - £24 (down from £48)

Floral can be difficult...it slips so easily into twee, or old lady, or a super attractive combination of both! And I think these shoes are a little twee...I’d prefer them if the floral print was against a black background. But I still think they’d be worth buying and would get lots of wear if styled properly. If teamed with one of my ‘old lady tea dresses’ (as Mr W kindly calls them) then these shoes would be a definite fashion fail. But if you can choose outfits that tone down the floral, or give it an edge by clashing it with other prints, then I think these would look great.

These are some of the outfits I think would work well.



French Connection striped maxi dress - £62 (was on sale on French Connection’s own site but has completely sold out...so here full price on Asos); Lola Rose Nancy necklace - £26 (down from £52); Pied a Terre Stella contrast trim tote bag – £87.50 (down from £175)


Oasis knee length pleated skirt - £48; Franche Lippee for Uniqlo t-shirt - £6.99 (down from £12.99); Label Lab multi-pocket cross body bag - £28.50 (down from £95)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...