Thursday 6 September 2012

Somerset by Alice Temperley

Another week, another designer collaboration on the high street. This time Alice Temperley with the Somerset range for John Lewis.

Alice Temperley isn’t massively my cup of tea...usually a bit too much embellishment and flounce for my taste (though the diffusion 'Alice' range is a bit more my style). But amongst some of the more boho-luxe styling, there are some pieces that are stunning and I’d jump at the chance to wear. A friend has a Temperley leather jacket with studding and it’s amazing...you find yourself stroking the beautifully soft leather and plotting how to steal it!
 
The range for John Lewis is beautiful – high quality fabrics, recognisable Temperley designs, wearable pieces that can translate from day to night and that you’ll want to wear year in, year out.
 
But these designs come at a price and it’s not a cheap one (though obviously massively cheaper than the mainline collection). I’m not questioning whether they’re worth these prices, just my ability to afford them! So I may be bookmarking some of these and checking back again at January sales time.

Spot mesh shift dress - £160

 
Panel detail leather pencil skirt - £199

Belmont wide triple buckle belt - £80

Wisteria suede snakeskin heels court shoes - £140

Spot mesh tunic - £89

Avalon pony multiway grab bag - £395

Jersey dress in pink - £99

A second range will be launched in October, which will be partywear for the festive season...so you can channel your wannabee Pippa Middleton, if you so wish!

And if you’re lucky enough to have a sister you adore (like I do!), I’m sure the campaign film featuring the model Lily Donaldson and her sister will reduce you to tears! It’s stunning and wonderfully sentimental! I sent it to my sister and she got teary too!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...