Tuesday 7 December 2010

Party frocks

I love getting dressed up and don’t always need a party or special occasion to do it. Sometimes even just a trip to the pub can be an excuse to put a nice frock on. It can really help to lift your mood...a shit day is made eminently more enjoyable by putting on a favourite outfit!

I know we’re in the thick of Christmas party season (the streets of London are filled with drunk party goers every afternoon/night. On Friday I saw a man in his work suit, standing up on the bus, not holding on to anything...but fast asleep!). Other than drunkenness, Christmas party season also means party frocks!

The moment you choose ‘party dresses’ on pretty much every website, you’re confronted with a sea of satin, minis and strapless dresses...sometimes all in one frock!

But for me a party frock doesn’t have to follow this formula. There is so much choice and rather than opting for something totally out of my style, I’d rather just choose something that feels like me...but on a very good day! And I like some versatility, so dresses that can also be dressed down a little and worn on different occasions – not just super-glamazon type events (as my diary isn’t very full of them!).

So here are my top ten favourite frocks on the high street...


Zara crepe dress with flounces! - £39.99


Warehouse emerald pleat dress - £45



Sparkle & Fade asymmetric maxi dress from Urban Outfitters - £45



Max C ballerina print dress - £48


Oasis parrot print 60s dress - £55


Monsoon Fusion meadow print tea dress - £55

Miss Selfridge black embellished collar dress - £55


Topshop butterfly beaded dress - £75


Whistles Rio dress - £135

Reiss Katerina – silk & jersey maxi dress - £195 (I walk past this every day and it really looks special and very flattering. You could dress it down with biker books and chunky cropped cardigan, if you so wished!).

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...