Wednesday 1 December 2010

Keeping your feet warm

Can you still feel your feet?! It’s a bit on the chilly side out there at the moment. I feel daunted by the winter if this is what we’re facing already...and that my wardrobe is woefully inadequate.

I remember when I was in Copenhagen last December seeing proper winter clothing but for city wear, rather than skiing or rambling around the countryside...clothes that didn’t sacrifice style for warmth (though this also included a woman wearing a padded jump suit with heeled (heeled!) furry boots, walking in thick snow...not a look I’ll be emulating but hats off for fashion bravery!).

I realised that because our winters aren’t usually so harsh, there isn’t quite the choice on the high street and often what is there for winter wear cannot cope with temperatures that don’t get above freezing.

The black over the knee, fur-lined boots I bought in Copenhagen last December are never off my feet when it starts to get this cold. The lining means my feet and legs are kept warm and it has quite a rubbery sole that grips really well (until I blog tomorrow and tell you I’ve fallen over!).

But I don’t want to destroy them by wearing them every single day so I am on the look out for some more fur-lined boots. And yesterday, as I walked past Dune, I spotted them! It was closed, so I haven’t tried them yet...but oh how I want them!
 
So here are the winter boots I’ve got my eye on and a round up of some of my other favourites on the high street.

Dune multi-buckle biker style boot - £120


Clarks Maddie Ann boots - £79.99



Aldo Warmuth boots - £120


Topshop damask over the knee boots – £135


River Island light brown ankle boots - £44.99


Bertie Drew fur ankle boots - £125
 
Debenhams H by Henry Holland knee high boots - £72
 
Clarks black patent knee high boots - £120

3 comments:

  1. You are my hero! I have been wearing the same flat boots all week because they are the only ones without heels!
    Love the Aldo Warmuth boots and the clarks patent ones... decisions, decisions...

    ReplyDelete
  2. You'll have to let me know...and send photos...if you buy any! I don't think it will be long before the Dune boots are on my feet!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...