Saturday 19 February 2011

Clarks Originals Wedges

This week I walked past the Clarks Originals pop-up shop on Regent Street. I was on a work-related errand, so thankfully had no time to duck in and browse...otherwise this week's lust item would have found its way back home with me! I spotted them in the window and paused for a second to look wistfully at them before moving on.

I do have a soft spot for Clarks, which I’ve mentioned before. There is always some footwear treasures amongst the mountains of dross. And I think it’s a great initiative to promote the Originals line, especially as they’re trying to reach a younger crowd who would not normally spend their pennies there. The pop-up shop has DJs playing every afternoon and you can see they’re doing their best to try to cultivate a sort of East London-cool vibe...which I find quite sweet (patronising, I know!).

The shoes I’m lusting after are actually quite classic. A black wedge shoe would get a huge amount of wear and is something that would pretty much work with everything in my wardrobe. The only thing I’m unsure about is the height of the wedge...I don’t want to feel like I’m tottering along and going to go over on my ankle any second...particularly whilst pushing a pram around!

The next step will be to go and meet them in the flesh and test the wedge height to ankle breakage risk factor!

Clarks Originals black suede ‘Twist Rave’ shoe - £69

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...