Thursday 5 May 2011

Maxis for everyone

Shortness does not preclude maxi dress wearing. Fact! Even those of us below 5ft 5” can find maxi dresses that suit us...and heels are not necessary to carry them off. It’s all about the cut, the length, the style and fabric...basically finding a style that suits you and your body shape.

I don’t think anyone looks great with a dress that’s dragging on the floor (unless it’s your wedding day and you’re carrying off a train!) and if it's too long, there’s always a risk of foot entanglement as you go about your day-to-day business!

At the same time, mid-calf is an awkward length, fraught with the risk of unflattering frumpery! I quite like a length that is just above my ankle – the sort of length of my leopard print maxi bought at London Fashion Weekend. Long enough to be maxi and not midi but not too long that I’m going to get myself tangled and trodden on.

The choice of maxi dresses on the high street these days is huge...these are some of my current favourites.

A dress for my imaginary summer holiday to a Mediterranean island, where I lounge next to a pool for days on end! Miss Selfridge animal print belted dress - £39






No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...