Sunday 21 November 2010

Wrap up Winter

I always get to this point in the year and feel as if somehow autumn has completely missed me and we’ve gone straight from the tail-end of summer into utterly freezing winter. All my light-weight jackets only seem to get an airing in the spring...I go straight from summer cotton jackets to multiple layers and a big winter coat on top. And not to be too depressing on a dark Sunday night in November but we’ve got months of it left!
 
However, there is something cosy and reassuring about putting on a thick winter coat and heading out into the chill. A good winter coat makes the winter bearable and enjoyable. As long as it’s not chucking it down with rain, I love going out for winter walks and feeling the cold on my face. And if it’s snowing it is physically impossible to keep me indoors!

So as we edge further into winter, I’ve done a round-up of some of my favourite winter coats on the high street. The most expensive is £129, so none of them are financially horrifying...though given we live in a cold(ish) country, a good winter coat is an investment worth making. I have quite a classic military styled black woollen winter coat with satin detailing which is about five years old and gets worn a lot every single winter.

Red Herring black blanket coat - £36

Peacocks ladies Victoriana coat - £40

Butterfly by Matthew Williamson black flecked cape coat - £63.75

M&S collarless coat - £69

Topshop faux sheepskin cape - £70

River Island light brown swing coat - £74.99

Uniqlo +J wool singled breasted coat - £99

Asos premium dip back coat - £100 (gorgeous coat but a shame that they seem to have a child modelling it!)


Dahlia buckle detail check coat - £110 (would probably pair with clothing on my bottom half just to make the outfit winter proof!)

Wallis 1948 red bow back skirted coat - £120 (but 20% off everything online until midnight Monday)

Zara mao collar coat - £129

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...