Monday 1 November 2010

Learning to Love Lace Dresses

I’ve been musing a lot recently on lace dresses. I don’t own very much lace – I can’t actually think of any lace in my wardrobe off the top of my head – but I am warming to it. It can be difficult to wear – you can tip into goth bride territory or old lady attire...or if it’s tight you can look like you’ve got your ‘racy’ number on! All these may work for you but I’ve struggled with it.

What has piqued my interest has been lace dresses that are slightly demure and being worn so well by my style crush, Claudia Winkleman. She had a great red lace Topshop dress on a few weeks ago, which really worked with her dark hair.

Black lace is a bit easier to wear than pillar box red and Oasis have some lovely lace clothing this season (admittedly under what they call the ‘Gothic Queen’ trend!) and this dress will be a treat in the festive party season.


And my favourite but way out of my shopping budget at the moment (fingers crossed for the January sales!) is this white lace skater style dress from Reiss which would work so well with black accessories to toughen it up!


However, the queen of the lace dress is Pearl Lowe. Her mainline range of dresses is very pricey but our high street dreams have come true and she designs a range for Peacocks. 

I’ve featured her dresses on the blog before – they are gorgeous and affordable...but sell out really quickly! The dress from my blog a few weeks ago is completely sold out...my hairdresser who is very slim bought the dress in a size 16 as she was determined to own it and when I saw her was working it flapper style!

Steady yourself...because the new range of Pearl Lowe for Peacocks dresses launches on 14 November and features many a lovely lace number!

In the meantime, there are still some Pearl Lowe dresses available on the Peacocks website and worth a little look.


Pearl Lowe lace dress - £35


Chiffon frill dress - £35 (my sister owns this and assures me it works for day and night and she is in love with it!)


Animal print shift dress - £35

So get 14 November in your diary and get ready to have a virtual shopping scrap over the fabulous frocks!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...