Wednesday 20 October 2010

Trying to Look Like a Proper Businesswoman!


The third instalment in Edna’s work wear week is another example of the sort of outfit I’d wear to an important meeting. It follows the same style approach as the previous days in that it’s quite simple, in a fairly neutral colour palette, but with some accessories and details to stop it being too classic and conservative.

I love white shirts. I know I’ve mentioned before about rebelling against ideas of what you should wear over a certain age - such as the ‘putting away the frivolous fashion and buying investment pieces’ and embracing the ‘crisp white shirt and dark jean’ mantra - but white shirts really work for me in my working wardrobe.


And I love shirts with some interesting detailing. This one is from a Gap collection produced with a number of young US designers...though I cannot remember which one, I think perhaps Thakoon (you may have seem him designing the range in the film 'The September Issue'). It has a pussy-bow and panelling and, although you cannot see it in the photo, it’s elbow length and has a leg of mutton shaped sleeve. I love it!






The rest of the outfit is a Zara blazer, Club Monaco trousers with button detailing on the waist, the LK Bennett wedding shoes from yesterday, Wallis bag and a ring that was a present from my lovely sister.

So that is my little work wear fashion shoot showing some of my go-to outfits for when I want to look like a proper businesswoman! I have to thank Mr W for humouring me and taking them when he was actually trying to tile the bathroom (we are still in the thick of renovations and I am teetering on the verge of a nervous breakdown!). I'll also use the bathroom...or lack of...as an explanation for my slightly dishevelled appearance in the photos!

Tomorrow I am hoping to put together some of my favourite work wear pieces on the high street.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...