Tuesday 7 September 2010

Owl of the Month

I’ve mentioned before I have a love of owls. I’m not sure where it has come from and it seems to have crept up on me and grown over recent years. I find myself naturally gravitating to anything with an owl on it in any shop. Thankfully, I still have some self-control so that I’m not overloaded with owl apparel.

But, it could easily happen...especially when it comes to accessories. Just this past weekend I bought two owl necklaces (http://plixi.com/p/43030901) admittedly from Primark and only £1.50 a pop. But it’s a slippery slope and they join the owl brooch my lovely friend Lisa bought me. A collection is forming. And collecting is the path to proper mad lady eccentricity.

So, to counter this worrying trend I’m going to use the Edna blog to curtail the owl purchases. Welcome to the ‘Owl of the Month’. Every month I will share with you a wonderful little owl item that I would love to own but need to resist.

This month is homeware and this ridiculously cute Donna Wilson owl cushion. It comes in four different colours but I love the 1950s apple green.


2 comments:

  1. Owls are everywhere!
    I looked at Hobbs NW3 and Cath Kidston today and both had Owl jewellery so I think you are going to be surrounded by temptation this season!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It could be an owl a day! I'm actually in love with any jewellery of woodland creatures...cannot get enough! I'm in my owl necklace today...actually have had hit on all week. Owls go with everything!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...