Sunday 18 July 2010

Sales thrills

I mentioned on Friday that I had broken my fashion fast and succumbed to the lure of the sales. Restraint is difficult when you walk out of the office and within a nanosecond can be in Reiss, Cos, Zara, Topshop. A moment of weakness and I was in the changing rooms at Uniqlo with a pile of clothes to try on! But, at least it was a cheap sales thrill and I can still afford to eat until payday! So here they are – my naughty purchases!

Uniqlo maxi-dress down to £14.99!



I’ve loved this dress for a while – I really like the strong blue and use of black in a summer dress. It’s cotton, very simple and the length is not quite full-on maxi...there’s almost a nod to the midi-length which is going to be huge this A/W. I wore it to one of my other half’s rock outings last night and didn’t get any complaints about looking like his nan!

Rest of outfit: studded belt from Oasis, Vivienne Westwood clutch bag, fake fur jacket from Oasis, Pierre Hardy for Gap sandals and the earrings were a present.

I also bought this black jersey dress from Uniqlo. It’s part of their ‘Designer Invitation Project’ and is from a designer called ‘G.V.G.V’ and it was down to £6.99! Ridiculous!









It’s got ruffles and a drop waist and is something that I would wear all summer long. I’ve tried to show how I would dress it up a little but it’s also something I would just throw on to go to the park (I'm trying to show the ruffle action with a twirl!).

Rest of the outfit: a very old H&M jacket, Muji espadrilles, scarf from a shop in Spitalfields (can’t remember name), handbag from charity shop (it says it’s YSL but it feels a bit like a fake YSL!), not sure where bracelet is from.

And finally, the Zara jacket, down from £49.99 to £19.99!








I have been looking for something that looks and feels a little like a Chanel-esque cardigan jacket...and spotted this! The only one left was in large...which fit!(I’m a size 8/10 and a large in Zara...god only knows who actually fits into their smaller sizes, children?!). I’m going to live in this jacket – I love stripes and also love how jackets really dress up the plainest outfit...such as jeans and a t-shirt here!

Rest of outfit: boyfriend jeans from Oasis, t-shirt from Uniqlo, the Gap sandals I seem to live in, jewellery a mixture of Primark, Cos and vintage, huge M&S handbag (maybe root of arm pain issues?!), Topshop sunglasses.

2 comments:

  1. Love the 'channel' jacket!! And the espadrilles... v cool.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love it...it goes with absolutely everything! Yet more stripes in my wardrobe!!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...